I had to make my own navbar of sorts as I couldn't come up with what I wanted visually in either WD7 or WebStyle 4 using the pre designed navbar templates. It is made up of 3 pieces to achieve the look I am after....

1 - blank navbar like image for the base that is sort of an extension of the page info area. It is divided by lines that make sort of a tab effect across the top( similar to < text < text < text < etc... ).

2 - placed text on mouse-off layer for the various things/categories I want.

3 - the text is replicated( different color )on the mouse-over layer and is grouped with an image that fills in between the < < < areas in a different color than they appear on the empty navbar image.

4 - with mouse-off and mouse-over layers both visible each section of the navbar is soft grouped.

5 - the desired link is then applied to the corresponding soft group.

This achieved the look I was after( mouse-over shown different than mouse-off in the tab/area for that specific thing )and it works fine. It is eaxctly what I wanted for a look except for one thing. The mouse-over layer is always highlighted on the page you are on. Is there anyway to correct that easily so that it shows the mouse-off state?

I really don't want to have to redo all of this. Took me forever to do what I have done. I just don't care for the page you are on being highligted in the navbar. I can live with it but would prefer not to have to.

Thanks as always for any help you can provide me.