Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Problems with even Strokes

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm a goose..
    Easily done, Steve. Just like using the Contour Tool in Xara Designer Pro - a lot easier than the rigmarole I posted above!
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

I knew there had to be a less convoluted way of doing this in Illustrator. Thanks for explaining this, Peter. I have searched loads of tutorials for achieving the contour effect in Illustrator without success. My usual approach is to do it in Xara Designer Pro and export it as a .pdf file to Illustrator just to avoid using the method I explained in my original post.
    Thanks again,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

No problem Bob. The trouble with Illy is that it is so powerful that some of the tools are well hidden. Mind you Steve would probably say it too cumbersome and bloated that people don't how to use it. If you can handle the Pen Tool to me that is more than half the battle in learning Illy.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP