Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Import FTP profiles from WD7P into WDMXP

That's an interesting approach, but really it would make sense and be so much easier if new versions picked up profiles from previous version. eg. When I upgrade other software like ftp client it has all ftp profiles carried over, when I update html editor it carries over all projects etc.

Anyway I never did think of that approach, thx for sharing guys, I'll try it out.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

When I upgrade other software like ftp client it has all ftp profiles carried over
    The difference being that updating your FTP client replaces your earlier version and inherits the same registry keys.
    New versions of xara apps are totally separate and new installations which don't replace earlier versions, they add.

New installs, replacing/adding versions is irrelevant, when I upgrade my html editor it installs to a new folder just like xara and I can run both versions just like Xara, but the developers know it makes sense for the user to be able to access all their project data (including FTP details) from version to version. We are upgrading the same program here and that particular ftp data stays the same. There's no reason why they can't bring FTP profiles over, either by sharing and accessing a common location where this particular data is stored or by accessing the data from a previous version and then importing it automatically or with a little bit of user intervention.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

No need for the hostility ol' chum. Let's see what the Xara devs think. Meanwhile, I'm happy to have in some small way, helped

I'm not being hostile, I'm just trying to get a point accross. Your help and approach is very useful and of course totally appreciated. My guess is the Xara devs are too busy working on the fun new features (which are indeed great) and this would be a more mundane improvement to implement. But these less exciting improvements are sometimes just as worthwhile, especially if you use Xara to design and update lots of websites. And it's annoying to see some of the same things people complain about being ignored from version to version. Anyways I've made enough fuss about this now, moving on to cause some fuss elsewhere. :P

and its a good point

strange what some people think 'hostile' - they should get out more
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...