Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here is a simple means of adding texture to any photograph. Just open the attached xar file and import the photograph.
    Sorry but I had to cut the file down in size to get it inside the 300Kb limit.
    1. Import any photograph into the layer 'Photograph'.
    2: Deselect this layer.
    3: Select layer 'Texture'
    4: Select all.
    5: Adjust the transparency to suit.
    Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here is a simple means of adding texture to any photograph. Just open the attached xar file and import the photograph.
    Sorry but I had to cut the file down in size to get it inside the 300Kb limit.
    1. Import any photograph into the layer 'Photograph'.
    2: Deselect this layer.
    3: Select layer 'Texture'
    4: Select all.
    5: Adjust the transparency to suit.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

An example. Harvey my Grandson.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	18020  
    Egg

By using the mould tool on the texture grid you can create a non-uniform texture. This one has been over-textured just to show the effect.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	2469  
    Egg

Great technique Egg! Thanks for the file.

Very nice looking family you have.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

OK, here's my silly question of the day - why would you want to add the texture? Where would you use the left photo rather than the right?

BTW, Harvey is a real cutie.

Mickie

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

"why would you want to add the texture?"- Mickie

Hi Mickie,

Maybe... to simulate a piece of canvas.

Egg... Nice looking family and baby pics. I remember back when I first became a grandpa...
    John/DOT

Hi Mickie,

Texture's applied to images create a more realistic 'canvas' or other effect, which can be desireable in some instances.

When I created my moms "Moms Angel" a while back I applied a canvas filter over the top of the image and it looked more like a painting instead of a digital image. My mom is more traditional in her thinking of HOW a piece of art work is produced. I matted it and framed it and sent it to her. She could NOT tell the difference and it made her happy to know it was from me to her and looked the way she thought it would look.

Textures are good!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Very nice work Egg and thanks for the file!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks for the comments folks. Harvey's seven months old now and crawling!! That's my eldest daughter holding her new son, who had just been delivered by my younger daughter, left. (No accident, she's a midwife)
    Egg
    Egg

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

hi Egg,

You have some very nice looking daughters there egg, and your grandson is cute too. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I am lucky, my kids all look human and not a thing like me. None where born with the phallic apendage attached to there head like their dad. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    John/DOT