Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printing Crash

Default Printing Crash

Just tried to print a page from one of my sites and the system locked up with the error detailed in the attached jpg. I was also given the option of forwarding the error number to Xara, which I accepted, but it went to the Xara site and just stopped. Unfortunately, I didn't take a note of the error number. Is there an error log somewhere I can pick this up from? Anybody experienced any similar problems ?

EDIT: OK, just run this again and it crashed again but this time I got all of the details - do I post them here or is there somewhere else I should be going?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error message.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	88745  
    Last edited by dhj; 12 April 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Default Re: Printing Crash

I also get a serious error when trying to print using Web Designer MX Premium.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	printing-error.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	88746  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sorry, yes, I should have said mines MX premium as well.

I just printed a page from MX without issues. So, I wonder if this is a printer driver issue. Bill and dhj, what printers are you printing to?

Mine is a HP F4480

Mine is a Lexmark 2500 series. I never print from Web Designer but did the test to see what would happen. I'm not sure where the .web file I used came from, it may have been a minitutorial I downloaded.

Steve Ledger confirmed the .web file I provided caused the same error for him. So it may have something to do with the contents of the file.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Mine is a Canon LBP3010 laser. The web file is a new one which I created from scratch.

OK, I have now tried 3 different .web files printing to Canon LBP3010, Fineprint and pdf factory. All of them crash with the same error. Methinks there is a problem.

So far every .web file I try printing causes the error.

As Gary said it may be related to the printer driver. I will open a support ticket with Xara.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Why not preview the file then print from the browser? Press F5 then CTRL+P. Works fine for all .web files attached above.
    Most people are going to be printing a web page from the browser right? Just sayin'

The latest update still hasn't fixed this. Anybody any ideas as to where we are with this and yes, I know I can get around it but why bother having a print function if it doesn't work?

This has been investigated and a bug with rendering certain objects rotated by 90 degrees has been fixed. Can you confirm that you are printing sideways when you get these crashes (see what the print options dialog says and also compare the print borders with the paper type you have selected in your printer driver) and can you also try printing upright rather than sideways?

Alternatively, setting Options/Rendering/DisableFillHinting to 1 in the registry (usual disclaimers apply) should also work around the problem in 8.0.2.

The fix will be included in the next update.

Gerry