Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Help exporting vehicle wrap!!!

Sorry I thought I read the you had Xterme 4 but you have Design Pro 7 which will output your PDF no probs so that is why I was saying try PDF maker. The thing that will cause you problem is the bitmap through its resolution because your making your wrap quite large. First thing is the resolution of your bitmap, what does it say the res. is when you select it on the info bar at bottom left because that is going to limit the scaling of your wrap as max.page size in D Pro is 2.75m and your wrap is larger. The bitmap res. that you import is going to have to be around 300 dpi as you want the output of the bitmap to be 150 dpi as your will have to scale the drawing because of the max. page size. Therefore you must say to your printer that the output of the PDF is half the size that you want so it is quite easy for them to double the size of the PDF. Other thing to mention keep as much of your design as you can pure vector and limit things like feathering, shadows and transparencies to a minimum as these things will be rendered as a bitmap which when scaled may not print cleanly. Hope this makes sense to you! Do a bit of research here and on the net about scaling PDF's
    Last edited by Albacore; 16 April 2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: didn't mention transparencies
    Design is thinking made visual.