Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: RoundHead-The Outline Version

The Semi-condensed version has many flaws that need to be corrected before it will be ready for prime time, so I will pull it from release until some time in the future.

I was thinking FontLab would produce a true italic, but as Gary said it would be simply a slanted version of the existing fonts so we can scratch that off our list.

The attached zip file from Gary has the best three versions that are ready for release. Would one of the moderators please delete the previous zip file?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Soquili; 09 May 2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: RoundHead, Italics versus Oblique

OK. I tried several sans faces and the results are as shown in the image below. In the image, I simply used the last font I compared which is Helvetica Condensed.

I think a simple skew of 12° is fine. The horizontals remain perpendicular to the baseline. In the end, though, this is something that a designer can do easily enough. As Gary mentioned, this font isn't going to be used for body copy which would make an oblique version a nicety.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test_02.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	89337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test_01.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	89336  

Default Re: RoundHead, Italics versus Oblique

I think the Capital L still looks like a G.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: RoundHead cap L in the Heavy version

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truncated-L.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	89342

Bill, I worked on a truncated version that would still be aligned with the elements in other characters.

Obeying the Too Many Cooks Law, I'm posting the character and not reworking the font itself.

g

P.S. If members go to Advanced settings before you post, you can change the subject. I thought I was being a Good Boy when the subject changes slightly within this thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gare it looks like you pulled back the overhang on the L a little and that helps. Or maybe the G and L being side beside makes it look better, I don't know. Whatever the reason thank you. Could be the overhang on that L will always bother me. Ah well.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok I have removed all versions of the fonts prior to the last one Bill posted. Thank you Bill and Gary for doing your best to keep the number of unique versions down. I'm going to have a look at the fonts and play(err..test )

So when we have tested and everyone agrees the fonts are ready, we will need changelog files for each one. Do we need a pdf guide for each one? might be an idea as unless I am mistaken we decided to release them separately as well as together as a family pak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

On first look:

The fancy "And" symbol is missing, "The", "No", "at", and ".com" are all there.
    Something about the cap I bugs me it just doesn't look quite right to me (Maybe it's just me though)

It is looking really good! I am playing with an idea for another video tut for this font
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.