Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: The tg Font Collaboration Thread

Barbara how do I see the meta data in a pdf file? Better yet, how do I create meta data in a pdf file? I don't create pdf files often and have never thought about them having meta data.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Barbara how do I see the meta data in a pdf file? Better yet, how do I create meta data in a pdf file? I don't create pdf files often and have never thought about them having meta data.
    Bill, in Xara, when you export PDF, go to the Document tab, enable "Include Document Information", and then fill in the blanks.

You can see the metadata in a PDF file, in Acrobat Reader, by choosing File>Properties>(Description).

-g-

Thanks Gary.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok so Bill are you doing a PDF keyguide for the extra glyphs? or do we need a volunteer? (a volunteer would need a copy of the font file) I think we should use the burgeon PDF as a template for this and all future key guides.

I, Frances Proctor as a contributor to the project undertaken by a group in the TalkGraphics.com Fonts and Typography Forum, to create the following fonts, Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG. otf and Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG.ttf, grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute [the] Contributions I made to the work and such derivative works.

I understand that this is a license agreement only; it does not transfer copyright ownership and does not change my rights to use the artwork I contributed for any other purpose.

Frances Proctor, Canada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Frances I have started a .xar file that will eventually be a pdf key locator. I've been a bit under the weather for a few days so I have not got much done.

I agree about using the Burgeon key locator as a template. Which is what I am using.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keylocator.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	89107  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I'll volunteer to do the PDF, Frances.

The key layout and the number of characters is entirely different than for Burgeon. But I can np and tuck the thing, and put all the metadata in it.

Bill, I await your vfb file!

My Best,

Gary

Thanks Gary, I sent the vfb file to your personal email. Let me know if I need to zip the file as I attached the vfb directly to the email.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

For everyone's information:
    In the Celebrated Burgeon Ornamental TG font there are 60 glyphs. In the Round Head TG font there are 216 glyphs.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

G'mornin',
    Sorry for the delay.

I, Fred Coote, as a contributor to the project undertaken by a group in the TalkGraphics.com Fonts and Typography Forum, to create the following fonts, RoundHeadtg.otf and RoundHeadtg.ttf, grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute [the] Contributions I made to the work and such derivative works.

I understand that this is a license agreement only; it does not transfer copyright ownership and does not change my rights to use the artwork I contributed for any other purpose.

Fred Coote, USA

Just tried the font Bill posted. Should we be concerned about the kerning relative to the original layout (bitmaps Gare posted)?
    It needs about 50-60 ems between letters to match.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap09.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	89142
    ~Fred

Hi Fred—

Um, this entire typeface is in the works, kerning, everything.

Bull, contact me if you think you have the free time to pull the cap heights down to the character heights.

In order for punctuation to work, all the caps need to be aligned and flush with the character height.

I've devoted three hours this morning, and I'm up to the extended characters now.

THEN comes metrics, THEN kerning.

-g-