Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: The Template of the Future!

@Bill—

You and I were thinking alike.

Okay, and Bill it's okay to refine/revise this attachment: I modified the example template I posted earlier, specifically for working with the RoundHead font, and no other font in the future—the height taken from the last font Bill posted is 725 points and a fraction as a standard, and in the future I think we want a cap height of 720 to make calculations easier. 720 points should in theory =10 inches, at 72 digital points to an inch.

As you can see in this thumbnail, I've dragged guides every which way, including the diagonal in the typeface. When you open the file, I suggest the first thing you do is just look at how the simplified text sits on the template. Some areas are fine, others are too wide.

I'd wait until Bill checks in and blesses this template before anyone does any work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RoundHead-template.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	89423

Ultimately, it would help finish this font if we each took the characters we originally did, put them on the template and then adjusted widths and positions on the template, like with brackets and other punctuation.

Ideally, when we're all done and have checked in our submissions, we will have literally bee working on the same page, the font will be consistent and uniform in width and we will all live forever.

:)

Yes?

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 12 May 2012 at 02:59 PM.