Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Object Rotation Buttons

You can set up shortcut keys for Rotate 90 degress (left or right) and Convert line to shape in the Customize key shortcuts, Sheff?

Default Re: Object Rotation Buttons

Steve,

Thanks for letting me know that rotation is available in the shortcut keys. That's handy.

I used to have Convert Line to Shape setup as a shortcut key and mapped to my nostromo52te, but then it broke and I reinstalled and had forgotten I had done that. I had to revert back to my nostromo n52 and forgot re-map the shortcut to the old driver.

What I actually would prefer is a toggle state button that continually adds to the shape. So if I were to draw a line, when I stopped drawing it, it would automatically become a shape without me having to take further action. Then when I drew another line, the same thing would occur, but the shape I just drew and the shape I drew before would union into one continuous shape. Having to stop, press a button after every stroke to convert it is counter intuitive. I supposed I could draw all the lines, select them, convert them as a group into shapes and then union them into a single shape, but still, this is a lot of steps for something that should be easy.
    Sheff
    My Site