@Mike—

The glyph looks beautiful and I don't see missing control points in the vfb file compared to the Xara file, although they might be microscopic, eh?

Suggestions:

1.) Submit the Xara file to us if/when there's a glyph you suspect is not traveling from Xara to EPS to Type Tool v3 correctly. I have a roundabout method for forcing glyphs to transfer accurately, and I won't keep it a secret: Xara -->CMX-->CorelDRAW -->Type 1, and then I copy the Type 1 to a new FontLab template. Stupid, but it works.

2. Use Illustrator *.AI instead of EPS as the file type to export to FontLab. Illustrator has a much smaller set of page description commands in the internal dictionary than PostScript=less to muck up.

@Christine-consider yourself signed up! I'm in New York and yes I am signed up for the free clipart of the week from Dover. Some of it is useful, fewer pieces are useful for fonts, fewer still are of a resolution that the human eye could accurately trace off. They're hardly giving away the farm, but it's a good resource on occasion.

The P.D. book Barbara dug up—one of them—has pages like this sample. If we can invent the characters not shown, we could have a spectacular typeface to offer to the world via tg. And there's still more for me to sift through.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karnak.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	88646