Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: The tg Font Collaboration Thread

Larry if it looks good to you don't sweat it. Gary and I will do tweaking if it is needed.

Something you may look at though is change to outline view and see where shapes may be overlapping.

The first image shows where I had shapes overlapping. The overlap printed out as an open area without a fill.

The second image shows the same areas after I added the shapes which printed out as filled area as it was planned to be done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	overlap1.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	88667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	overlap2.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	88668  

Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Window -->Control Bars --> Arrange.

Use the Boolean operations button (Add, intersect, subtract, and so on) religiously.

Bill, on the mark. Add Shapes.

-g-

OK here is what I have done so far. Still working on the last one. It's the first few That I am concerned about. I have colored all light blue so you can see them better.

glifs 2.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I didn't realize I'd put the same glyph in your file twice, Larry.

Your work is beautiful, man. Seriously nosed around it, great work!

-g-

Thanks Gare. I tried, and I try to be a perfectionist in all I do except for oil painting where is was a struggle to "loosen up" After so many years of having to be so precise in painting, loosening up has been a challenge for me. Anyhow I tried real hard with these and I must say it's been a learning experience. I feared they might not be up to snuff yet.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Ah, Frances hath returned :)

Hey, toots, I saved you a sheet! One or two need straightening, but I also gave you some big ones.

Let's we focus on the typeface, sure let's practice, but I don't want to go around the bend with the borders quite yet, because I think we need a presentation idea and format.

I really want to show our collaborative efforts off to tg first, and then the world to get more members and more participants in the future.

Community Building, IOW.

Welcome back, Frances. They'll stamp your hand at the door, show it to your server for the free beer—

g
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

show it to your server for the free beer— Yuck! Could I substitute nice cold iced tea (plain, non alcholic) instead? )

Ahem getting back to the matter at hand I'll start working on these, ( it will take my mind off the dang blasted itching of my healing incisions!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]show it to your server for the free beer— Yuck! Could I substitute nice cold iced tea (plain, non alcholic) instead? )
    It's an expression from my college days, Frances. You did get your hand stamped to get into high school dances, didn't you?

If not, invite me over and I'll stamp on your hands. It will take your mind off the itching.

-g-

Here's "Burgeon beta" in original FontLab/Type Tool file format (vfb) and as an Opentype font.

I only have lowercase a-g hooked up, but I thought it might be fun for some of us to see the font in action as it's being built.

Sort of like driving a car at 75mph while assembly line workers are trying to put the hubcaps on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	889b63f23008e7c4ce089b4f2a383433.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	88679

-g-

P.S. Font Audit is pulling a lot of errors, but some I disagree with, and other need help, Bill. Every ornate Pi font I've ever tried out has yielded scores of connection errors.
    Attached Files Attached Files