Hybrid View

Default Re: The tg Font Collaboration Thread

Count me in.

Mike

I am very happy to participate.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I can trace them.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Assignment Time!

Okay!

Larry: >>>Here's your page, 10 glyphs<<<

Bill, you sure you want to trace and help compile the font? You're a big boy, so okay: >>>Bill's ten glyphs<<<

Mike, you get the best ones (I'm kidding!): Mike's glyphs to trace off

Take your time, because I'm certainly going to!

Remember: a good character has an economy of nodes, nodes at extremes are much better expressed as two node very close together with a very ting straight path between them, and use this math-perfect Xara to design glyphs that are about 6 to 7" high, and have symmetry when required and smoothness of curves.

My Best, and we have 3 more seats open, folks!

—g

Default Re: Assignment Time!

Gary,

A question or two. Would you like the glyphs as I get to them (individual XAR files), as a master XAR file (containing each glyph from the scan I have), as individual EPS files tested and ready to import to TT/FL, or ?

And...just how perfect would you like the glyphs? I noticed on the first one I did that while there are some vagaries from printing, there is variation in the design itself (say from the left / right sides, repeating elements not exactly the same shape, etc).

Take care, Mike

Me, I'd prefer the glyphs stacked over one another in a single Xara file, Mike, because I have my own wonky workflow to get them into FontLab.

Here, I'll attach my idea of several gylphs that are ready to go, and if you don't mind the gang here watching over our shoulders, attach what you did to a post after this one, so I and others can look at it, and I'll comment on it to get 'er where she needs to go, eh?

-g
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just for you I'll combine a couple on a page and upload it...

I find it easier to work with a single page for each glyph. But I'll combine into a temp file for uploading here. Only did two for now. Gotta hit the keyboard some more today on something else.

Take care, Mike

mike_temp.xar

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi guys, I think this is a great idea, for the next few days I'll be away from the forums, once I am back and at it though I would love to do a few glyphs if you still need any done then. I wish I could help you guys out more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.