Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: The tg Font Collaboration Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Missing.xar

I think this one is missing from my set.

Christine
    My apologies if I dropped one of your traces, Christine. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it was very hard to keep track of abstract symbols submitted by different people. If it had been an alphabet, I'd like to think that I'd spot a missing alphabetical character.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRST_VWXYZ

Without U, we're lost!

-g-

Does the letter J have two glyphs in its location?

Mike

I'd prefer a Moderator to answer this, Mike. Too many cooks and all that.

Whether there's more than one J depends on which version of the font you downloaded. I myself have stopped work and will not post the font, to avoid duplications.

I suggest, and this is an alien moderator making the suggestion in Larry and Rik and Frances' absence this morning, that Bob is the designated coder from now on and he alone makes posts, that he check, and if indeed we got two J's, let Bob spot the dupe, hopefully the one he doesn't delete is approximately 650 units high because that's what I strove for, and he can add Christine's and the ones I uploaded and attached earlier.

What I meant--for whom ever does the final-final correction, is this is the letter J when typed into Xara:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J_glyph.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	88886

Seems like there is a spurious glyph hanging about in that location (i.e., two glyphs are in the letter J location). The VFB file has this.

Thanks, Mike.

What you posted in indeed one glyph, I believe. It's supposed to tile. FYI, the wide, tiling glyphs I tried to put in the caps region, like DEFG and so on.

Can you point me to the vfb file on this thread, or email it to my personal account? I can looky see, but I do not want to post a correction if it needs one, will not. That's up to BILL at this point until he tells me to push off.

-g-
    Last edited by Gare; 18 April 2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Bill, not Bob I'm lousy with names

I used Bill's last VFB file to look-see.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...543#post439543

Take care, Mike

Who's Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    that Bob is the designated coder from now on and he alone makes posts, that he check, and if indeed we got two J's, let Bob spot the dupe, hopefully the one he doesn't delete is approximately 650 units high because that's what I strove for, and he can add Christine's and the ones I uploaded and attached earlier.
    That sounds good to me but,

what does
    he alone makes posts.
    mean?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry, I think what Gary means is that Bill is now the person to make any corrections / alterations and post the results. We ended up with a few in-progress versions and also compiled font versions by various people and it will be best if Bill alone does it now that we are <--> this close to being done.

Take care, Mike

OK thanks
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.