Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Keyboard mapping a font?

I don't have PG&D in any version. If you need to export EPS, check to make sure it can do this.

Take care, Mike

It does. From the Photo & Graphic Designer support page at Xara.com:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yep.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	88371

BTW, I downloaded the Type Tool 3 manual, and it's a fascinating read. The introduction takes you through a bit of history of typefaces, and then gives the description that I first came here looking for about mapping keys to glyphs. Notice how I just dropped that in? So now I walk like a duck......Almost a pro already. Come back in about 10 years or so!

Thank you Gary for drawing my attention to the program. I'm enjoying the manual without even using the program yet. Very informative.

I can see how it's all going to pan out now. It's an area of programming I know nothing about, so I will do battle with it, and have partial success and be very pleased with myself. But at least I'll know a bit more about how it's done than I did before. And I'm one of those guys who likes to go to bed knowing something I didn't know the day before. I will eventually master the interface, and the workflow in general. The thing that will stop me, ultimately, is my complete lack of graphics talent. That's why someone else is going to do the graphics creation. But the weird thing is, I really can't wait to eventually see this font in action, even though I don't see a bright future for it. I've known about it for ages, and what it's intended for. Like I said before, can't say much, but think 'famous Spanish novel' and 'Windmills'.

Shame I can't create a font by playing a guitar at it, then I'd be in with a chance.

Thanks again. May be a while before I'm back, unless there's an emergency question. I'll think of you as a 'big brother' since you're 10 months older than me! And until this morning my hair was about 6" longer than yours in the pic. Oh for the 60s again...

You're welcome, Staggers, and my personal info is completely fictitious, as are my photos. I do them in a modeling program.

Good luck and do check in. There's more than support at tg; there are experienced professionals who occasionally donate their skills in addition to their opinions and recommendations.

My Best,

Gary

My mammy always told me never to trust strangers <sniff>.

Now I think of it, the message that pic conveys is more of a sort of 'We do not tolerate failure in this organization' vibe. I feel used and dirty now. <sniff again for emphasis>.

Get a grip, son.

Pictures are only groups of pixels.

Reading into them is lie reading tea leaves.

-g-

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Getting back to fonts

I have downloaded a trial version of type tool, and I am hoping to try creating a picture or dingbat font that will have series of images that will be one size for caps and a smaller size for lowercase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.