Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
ok I've re-read the thread

if you are using the method that sledger showed in his video then as others have said the following path in not correct:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara-Photo_Graphic_Designer_7\Xara Picture Edtitor\PSplug-ins\Downloaded Plug-ins\

you do not want your luce plugin in the Xara Picture Editor tree - if that is where it is then that may well be your problem [do not worry about why there is reference to this in the manual, that is for specific cases]

make a folder call it ' my downloaded xara plugins' or whatever meaningful unique name you want - put your luce 8bf file in this folder, put the folder at c:\ and then use sledgers method to set it up - it should then work; if not then I give up

EDit - oh and remove it from the c:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara-Photo_Graphic_Designer_7\Xara Picture Edtitor\PSplug-ins\Downloaded Plug-ins\ location, don't leave a copy there
Ok. Thanks for all the help guys. I tried it all over again, and it still does not work for me. Here are screen pictures of everything. Maybe someone can tell by them where I went wrong. If not, then I give up as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows File Manager.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	88164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Browse For Folder.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	88165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plug-in Location Set-up.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	88166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final One (Missing Plug-ins).jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	88167

After the third picture, I did click "OK" then "Apply" and then "OK". I even tried to close the program afterwards and then reopen it, hoping that it would take effect.

Please, notice that in the last picture, the plug-in does not even show. I know that one of the plug-ins is not a .8bf, but the other one is. I hope this will help some to be able to understand where I am going wrong. I am sure that I am not understanding you guys correctly. I am a complete newbie at this graphic design stuff. So, if anyone can look at these pictures and be able to help me to get the plug-in installed like you guys have been doing, then I would be happy to know where I went wrong and also how to fix it.

When you give me instructions on what to do, pretend that you are trying to explain it to a child because I don't know much. Thanks again for all your help and patience.

Sincerely,
KeithH