Sometimes while reading some theads asking for help I really have to say to myself, God that's a dumb question, don't these people make any effort to find the solution themselfs before writting in. Probably some of them don't but then again, probably many of them do search for help within the program and the problem is that the help section could probably use a major overhaul.

Sometimes I forget how to do something and I just go into help, but this does not always work and I am going to give you an example

Last night, while just puttering around, I opened a web template and one of the first things I notice was "this box streches both horizontally and vertically" and another box was marked "this box streches vertically", etc. Now a few years ago I had played with this as a learning experience but had forgotten how, so, no problem, I go into help, in the index section I typed in stretch. Getting into that section, about the best response seemed to be stetchy objects, so I clicked on this and sure enough, at first glance I figured I was there. Trouble is what they are basically saying is that, yes, you can create stretchy buttons or boxes. So I say how and what is says is, yes, you can create stretchy buttons or boxes. So I say where can I go to learn and they say, yes, you can create stretchy buttons or boxes.

Xara team, get links on this page so people can get to the right place to learn how to do this. Go through your whole help section and get links all over the place since this is not the first time this has happened to me, I really do think it needs revamping. A simple link to the correct page would have saved me quite a bit of time, but I had a major advantage since I roughly knew what I was doing; most people would not have a clue where to go to get the help needed.

And if anybody is wondering where you go to learn how to create a strechy button, "Exports, slices & streches properties" is the answer. I really don't think too many newbies or even experienced people would ever think of going there to find the answer........