Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: switching main to additional color with keystroke

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Hone, welcome to TalkGraphics.

If you are talking about the color nodes for a fill, use the Tab Key to move between them.
    I'm referring to the two colors at the bottom of the tool bar... the main and additional color... used for gradations, etc. I draw with white and black on a Cintiq and would like to be able to switch the pencil point from black to white with a click of the stylus button. Possible in Photoshop, but I can't seem to figure it out in Painter. Is there a way... a keystroke or keystroke combination that switches the two colors?
    IP

Hi

go to edit >preferences > customise keys

in the dropdown box for 'shortcuts' select 'other'

click on 'swap colors' in the 'application commands list'

enter the keystroke you want to use - there will be a message at the bottom if this is already in use

[in my painter IX there appears to be a bug whereby the default keystroke for swap colors is set to shift+s but this does not work because it is also used for save - however changing it to an unused keystroke [eg shift+k] does work]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thanks so much! Shift S does work in the trial version I'm trying out. Beautiful...!!!

I tried Cntrl and Alt with all the keys... Should of continued with the shift key... but it is good to know about the function assignment menu...
    IP

glad you got it working

EDIT: - looking at it again I don't think its a bug I think I have reassigned in the past and forgotten about it, as the defaults for 'save' and 'save as' are of course ctrl+s and cntrl+shift+s
    Last edited by handrawn; 22 February 2012 at 04:30 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP