Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can I Link To A Siund File?

Is it possible to link to a sound file in Designer Pro 7 So that when the link is clicked on the website a sound file will play? . Just for interest, I recorded a sound file on my Blackberry. That�s a (.amr) file I know. And I know that Designer Pro 7 will not recognize that file type. BUT IF I had recorded it in let�s say (.wav) I am presuming it will still not work, I just find it strange that I can insert a link to a video file and it will work BUT just a sound file will not? Or am I missing something? Any one any ideas? This is the first time I have posted to the forum and I must say that I am really impressed with what Designer Pro 7 can already achieve regarding designing and deploying web sites. I really hope that XARA keep up their excellent work and continue to develop the website side of the software. Thanks Grahame M.

Default Re: Can I Link To A Siund File?

Hi

Here is one way.

Search google for' format factory' - free download and convert the file to a .swf (flash) make a button/text in dp7 then in link properties link to the file or drag and drop the .swf across from your documents to create a simple player....or use ff (if you need to) to convert the file to a form that the magix audio player in wigets uses

Scruffy

Hello Scruffy,

Thank you for your reply, I am going to try it soon, Ill keep my fingers crossed and if all goes well I might buy you a bone! Ill be back in touch.

Regards, Grahame M.

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: Can I Link To A Sound File?

Cheers BIG FRANK,

Ill check it out later, Ill have to go out soon and cut some grass, its not raining today! Ill let you know about my progress soon, along with Scruffy. Nice to meet you two guys. Catch you later,

Grahame M.

Default Re: Can I Link To A Sound File?

Don't remind me - my grass needs cutting although I only did it a month ago. Grrrr
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.