To get back to your drawing Bob nice result. What problem did you have using the Clipping Mask maybe I could help? Normally it is a combo of the Pathfinder Tool & Clipping Mask command that I use in most situations. I agree with your statement about the brushes it is so easy to use and they are all vector with only the Scatter Brush which is not (exactly like Xara's).

I did not want to get into Franks discussion but I want to talk from my point of view. To upgrade from Design Pro 6 to 7, talking vector improvements only here, the number that I would count would be 2 vector type upgrades: Live Copies & Improved Snapping & Alignment (OK you could count that as 3)

How many vector upgrades would you get going from AI CS4 to CS5? I counted 8: http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/features.html

What about the upgrade price for me Design Pro7 £119 (143.35 euro)
What about upgrading from CS3 which I have got to CS5 £190.80 (229.72 euro)

Will not upgrade to any of them. I am 64 and next November will be retiring from work so no need to get the most recent upgrades because between the 2 programmes that I own at the moment I can do my work, thank you.

Bob it is still a nice bit of work which should have been the discussion here.