I actually read this post on my phone sitting in the living room. I find in the last year or so I'm using mobile technology more and more for web browsing, even at home. It's so convenient and comfortable to just pull out my android phone or tablet, much more so than even using my laptop or netbook. It's great for general browsing, reading forums etc. but if I want to participate/interact more with a website I still prefer to use my laptop with real keyboard and mouse. So all my forum posting, online ordering etc. is done mostly on laptop at home. This is just my experience though, and a new age of internet users might be just as happy to do all of this on a mobile device like there phone, and maybe I will too some day soon. I think it makes sense to bear this in mind when designing a website these days.

I just had a quick look over a few of my site stats and mobile usage varies between 3% to 13% from site to site. I think this will increase quite a bit more as smart phones and tablets become more common. Right now there's a ton of people around the world using older phones with crappy browsers, when that old tech phases out and people move to newer phones with better browsers the numbers will go up.

According to statcounter mobile internet usage is doubling year on year...
http://gs.statcounter.com/press/mobi...g-year-on-year