Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Australian Olive Oil Company

Just checked my stats. Tablets and phones around 6.78% with IPad accounting for 3.22% of that.

I'm not worried yet but eventually I can see myself building three versions of style sheet. One each for lap/desktops tablets and phones.

Doing this in Xara wont be easy

Abi

One thing I have learned over the years is everyone has an opinion and most people are partially right.

Too many websites are crammed with way too much stuff. Too much blather.

But I do not think you can be so general. Some sites require more explanation than others. Some lend themselves to pictures and others lend themselves more to words. Though visual aids are never a bad thing. If they are appropriate. And if they help to communicate your point.

A website for a lawyer or an accountancy site that is all photos would not provide much information. How do you do a case history in pictures? Charts or graphs or happy smiling people. But you still need good, clear and well crafted copy to fill in the blanks.

I believe you have to ask yourself as a designer, what is the product or service I am designing this site for? What will visitors be looking for when she or he visits the site. And how can I in the most direct manner possible, make it easy for him or her to find the content he or she is looking for, and how can I let these visitors contact the site owner.

Interesting -

But is not the reason for so much text (content) on sites these days the direct result of Googles change to their search engine which relies so much on that content? For some period of time now, content has been the main ladder to the top of Googles heap. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com