Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Re: Which format is the best for print?

I've just got the photo & graphic designer 7 for personal use and im trying to put a photo i have onto a different background. I have the background photo and the photo i want to add to it on my computer. The photo i want to add onto the background has got things round it that i want to delete but when i use the magic erase it just fills it with something else from the pic. Is there any was i can cut the part of the image i want away from the rest to then be able to add it to the background image? sorry if this isnt too clear. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by handrawn; 15 February 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Hi welcome - this comes up a lot

have a look here:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...t-from-a-photo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

This video is how I learned to do it. Egg is using a different version in the video but the basics still apply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8XgHkZo1J8
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I learned from Egg's video as well, and I have actually wound up needing to do this often in my work and for my own art. A couple of handy tips: Make sure as you are going around the object or objects with the shape tool to keep one continuous line so it joins up to create a filled shape at the end. I also use keyboard short cuts when doing this Ctrl +4 to slice (make sure both the shape and the photo are selected) and then hit delete to delete the photo background which will be selected by default.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I learned from Egg's video as well, and I have actually wound up needing to do this often in my work and for my own art. A couple of handy tips: Make sure as you are going around the object or objects with the shape tool to keep one continuous line so it joins up to create a filled shape at the end. I also use keyboard short cuts when doing this Ctrl +4 to slice (make sure both the shape and the photo are selected) and then hit delete to delete the photo background which will be selected by default.
    Good tips Frances. Just make sure the nodes along the line stay visible.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

thanks for your responses. Ive watched the video on you tube but it shows the version as xara xtreme. Is this a different version to the photo & graphic designer 7? as i dont have the options like it does on the video and i dont have the box for the layer gallery to be ablet to tick all the boxes it shows. Is this me just being stupid or do i load that up a different way? sorry to be a pain.

Ive drawn round the photo and then when i click on arrange- combine shapes- it doesnt give me the option to click on intersect shapes?

jodie - please do not ask your question twice in different places, it is not necessary.... thanks
    Nothing lasts forever...

photo and graphic designer 7 has a 'page and layer ' gallery - when you have drawn your shape over the photo - you need both the shape and the photo selected for intersect shapes to work..
    Nothing lasts forever...

sorry. How do i do this in the page and layer galley it shows the image i have drawn round with the background stil there. Ive then clicked back on the mouse and clicked on the photo but im stuck from there

i think i may have done it. thankyou