Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Two puzzling behaviours

Guys

I have been running a web site for a couple of years without any problems until recently when some strange behaviours have started involving layers. Now, whenever I drag and drop images or metafiles on to a page I get a message saying I'm trying to drop files on to a locked and invisible layer. When I check this, I find that the page has only the basic MouseOver, MouseOff, Page Background and Pasteboard background and all are visible and unlocked. In order for me to successfully display the items on the page I have to isolate the MouseOff layer. What can be causing this?

The second involves the Eyecatcher Cloud galleries. I successfully added one to a page but any attempt to add another one to a new page fails. All I get is a white rectangle showing where the widget is located on the page. It will not display the images.

Thanks
    Kevin Keys

Default Re: Two puzzling behaviours

Hi Kevin

What product are you using?

Usually when I get that error message I am trying to paste something onto a layer that is not visible, or in some cases locked. And it is very easy to have the wrong layer selected. Those would be my two suspects.

I just tried adding two Eyecatcher Cloud Gallery widgets without problem and both work fine in Web Designer Premium 7.

I have version 7.1.2.18680 7 October 2011

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using Designer Pro 7.1.2.18680, the same as you.

I understand what you mean by choosing the wrong layer, but in these cases there are no wrong or locked layers, I'm just trying to paste on to the page, which I presume by default is the MouseOff layer. When I get the error message, I have to go to the Page & Layer Gallery, select the page, then select the "click to solo object" button for the MouseOff layer in order to paste the object successfully. All the layers for the offending page are unlocked and visible, hence my puzzlement at getting the error in the first place.

Yeah I hear you. Things like this drive me nuts.

Or you publish you page and realize that most of your content is on another layer. Ack!