Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Single Photo replacemnet facility missing

Web Designer 7 Premium. Whenever I have multiple photos on a page and I want to replace one of them more often than not I do not get the screen that asks if I want to replace just one. What usualy happens is that the page I am working on is replaced with one that I'm not! ---- and the photo is not replaced.

Can anybody please tell me what I need to do correct this problem. many thanks.

Default Re: Single Photo replacemnet facility missing

Hold CTRL as you drag'n'drop a replacement photo.
    This will invoke the 'replace' dialogue.

Sadly, holding down the CTRL key does not work. I should have incuded this fact in my original post - apologies. I still get exactly as described in my original post when holding this key down. It's the 'replace' dialogue that does not appear.

Does the CTRL key you are using work with other options? Have you tried using the other CTRL key?

Sometimes a key that is used frequently may become inoperable. That was one of the most common problems when I was a desktop support technician.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili. Thank you for your reply. The CTRL key does work in other situations so I think a damaged key is probably not the answer. I have also tried the ALT and SHIFT keys and various combinations of all three but without success. I'm surprised that nobody else has had a similar problem.

There are two things I can suggest, however I'm not sure if either will correct the problem.

1) You can turn on all info pop-ups to see if that helps. Help menu > Info pop-ups > Turn all on.

2) Perform an uninstall then reinstall using Run as Administrator. Run as administrator the first time you start the application. This should insure that all .dll files are registered correctly.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Dear Soquili,
    Thanks for you suggestions. Item 1 did not help and I have yet to try item 2. Other pressures have drageed me a way from this particular item so it will have to await further investigation when I have time.

The workaround is to delete the offending photo and its frame and then drag in a new one from the design gallery and adapt that. In the end that is what I did to complete the website.

A problem I run into regularly is that if I have a file previously highlighted on my Explorer view of files I intend to drag over (and don't notice it). When I hold CTRL and drag over the one I really want, 2 are dragged over so they don't go into the thumbnail, but just go onto the page. Might want to check that.

Jim