Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Stop & Post February 2012

This is what I'm currently working on in DP7. Its a detail from a 6 letter text to which i wanted to add a grunge effect. The font I used was a stencil font that already had a spray-paint effect and I embellished this by creating two clones of different colours, both given a fractal plasma transparency with a profile that punched holes through to the two text versions beneath.This method turns the text into pixels, so as I wanted a pure vector set of objects, I used the bitmap tracer to convert back to vector shapes. I had a white outline around the individual letters, and when re-vectorized, some spurious coloured shapes resulted. I changed the colour of the art board to a teal colour to contrast with everything and better to see the unwanted lighter colours. The end result will be a three colour vector grunge text effect. I still have one letter left to do.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	labour of love.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	87089  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.