Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: ??? animation software best for me

Blender is fine for 3D, but as an introduction to 2D animation, not a great place to start.
    IP

Since this is an Adobe Flash topic board I feel that someone should mention Flash Pro. as a solution. With the tool kit available with this software you can author across the full range of platforms and that includes smartphones using the Flash player, Air and java script frame work. This is an expensive piece of software that can export movies, animations, integrate to html 5, do 3D stage rendering and also integrate with XML to all other Adobe products like Dreamweaver and InDesign.

Flash does much more than make animations and would be overkill for your application and in my opinion have a look at a suggestion made earlier that of Toon Boom Studio for about $200 still expensive but very good quality product. If that product is also overkill why not look at Anime Studio Debut 8 as this is a lot cheaper and is more suited to a hobbyist.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Hi lygia,
    I wholeheartedly support what Gare said. Give one of the Xara series a try, such as Xara Xtreme one of the Xara Designer series. They are amazing, and you can get all the help you need right here. If you want to try it out you can get a trial at http://www.xara.com
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Yes correct, for 2D animation I think Flash is better.
    IP