Gare, I didn't mean to express a caviler attitude about the state of software today (or any other day). It isn't any consolation, I know that and didn't mean it in a conciliatory way, either.

I guess all I was meaning to express is that Xara is not alone in having faults, and that it is not a "professional" versus "consumer" software/user issue. Plus I suppose I was reacting to the phrase "nobody in the true professional market is going to put up with c**p like this...".

It is amazing what the "true professional" market puts up with every day regardless of the vendor. I find issues I need to work around on a too consistent basis with Corel, Xara, Adobe CS products (ID, PS, Flash, DW), Serif, PhotoLine, etc. They all should fix the stuff.

Heck, I just posted a message regarding a long-time Xara user asking about exports of JPEGs at 150 dpi not being the same dimensions as the file. What one needs to do to obtain their desired results shouldn't need to happen, either.

I want all the software that I use fixed to the point of being accurate according to what it says on the tin. Being the pessimist (or perhaps realist) that is not going to happen.

In handrawn's example of the copy/paste across multiple layers cropping up in the 7 series, I think the software just wasn't vetted during its beta phase in all scenarios. Some of the people on this board have likely done some complex programming. I have. After making changes in code, especially extensive changes, it is darn easy to overlook something being broken that wasn't previously broken.

Please note that I am not trying to make excuses for Xara. I can find plenty of faults with how Xara makes decisions and how that affects the software (aside from bugs and regressions)--I already posted some of my opinion in this thread.

Take care, Mike