Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: The Dodecahedron

I really, really like the style of the tutorial, it's not too fast, not too slow, you have an easy-to-listen-to voice and, above all, you make it interesting. I did a mini-tut a little while ago for a guy who wanted to know how to put images on the faces of a cube (http://xaradesigner.co.uk/3d-cube/) and, although superficially similar, what you have done here is greatly expand on that line of thought whilst explaining many neat tips and tricks (like creating bitmap copies of live effects to save resources) that are difficult to explain in a 2D tutorial without completely losing the thread. I like the style and am looking forward to seeing more of them. I've not been tempted to do video tutorials myself but I like watching them more and more and your latest one simply confirms this

EDIT: One thing I do when I create a bitmap copy of a live effect is, I make a live copy of the live effect, enlarge it substantially, then make the bitmap copy, then reduce the bitmap copy to the size of the original live effect. In this way, if I need to enlarge the drawing for a poster or for print, I have some leeway before the pixels show up.
    Last edited by Big Frank; 14 January 2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: comma in the wrong place. no, really... :p
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.