Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Nav bar issue

Hybrid View

Default Re: Nav bar issue

Right click on a blank area of the page or pasteboard area and select Page Options...
    General

Select the option to Import Layers into New Layers.

This will separate things like Navigation Bars, buttons, etc. and place the buttons on the proper layers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layers options.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	86476  

Hi again gw, have tried that on my test copy of the site and although it does what it says on the tin and loads the nav bar layers into imported layers, tho i'm sad to say it didnt help much, to be honest i'm not sure whats going on here, everything is fine on the xmas.web file i posted, i just cantr get the same result in the valentine.web file - if your interested i did post the test web file si if anyone is looking at the problem its in that one, not in the modded file abi kindly did for me, i'm kinda giving up on it, i'll maybe take another look at it with some fresh eyes later, tho i' sure one you guys will pinpoint the prob if you can spare the time!

Again thx for all the input, if nothing i have learnt some valuable stuff i can use in the future. - i'm off over to announce the launch of it on the website forum (using the modded navbar that abi did)

Ray

Hi Ray

i have a test page of the valentines site where it has no mousedown layer and its misbehaving, (this is the last webfile posted)
    You have a blank MouseDown layer on all but the index page

p.s can i use the xar files in any way?
    No probs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RayMD.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	86484  

thx again Drwyd, i was just messing about with those xar files you sent, not sure if i did it the right way but i hadnt seen your post, and using the 3state set you uploaded i dragged it onto the page and it loaded pages of the buttons, i copied the set, deleted the rest and pasted the navbar into the page, and blow me it all works as supposed to! - i'm so chuffed! - i'm sure their is a quicker way to achieve importing it but and i'll look at your thumbnail (ps i deleted all the mousedown layers in all the pages as well)

Thanks also to gwpriester for his input and the xar file you guys are something else, i really hope one day i can help someone out!

website is now live using the new and improved navigation system...

regards to you all

Ray

Or I relearn something I have forgotten
    I've been doing a lot of that myself just lately

Excellent news

We are always glad to help

i really hope one day i can help someone out!
    I always maintain that you don't truly understand a subject until you have learned how to teach it. I've gained immensely from giving back what I have learned (a lot from Gary ) one day it will all make perfect sense and you will passing on the knowledge (just before the memory starts failing )