Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Question Reverse black and white

First time user. Is there a Xara product that allows reversing black and white and/or colours in text and/or graphics? Which product(s) will do this? Also, rank beginner question number two: How are tags used?

Thank you very much. Glad to be here, in the Xara World. Cheers to you all.

Boogaloo (real name London)

Two guys walk into a bar. You'd think the second one would have seen it.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Reverse black and white

Hello London, Welcome to Talkgraphics

When You say you want to reverse the colours in text and/or graphics do you mean doing reverse text in a vector graphic? As in white text on a black rectangle? or do you want to reverse the colours of a bitmap or raster graphic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Welcome to TG London.
    These examples were done using Graphic Designer Pro 7, however the Pro version is not necessary to accomplish this,
    I hope this helps.
    The photos can be done using the photo tool on a color photo and setting the saturation to -100 the middle one was done using live effect/color filter/Negative.
    These can be reversed provided you save the xar file and work from that. Going from a B?W Photo to color is not possible.
    To do the bottom set using text you have to select the text and manually change it's color as well as the background color to whatever color combinations and or textures you desire. Once you learn the tools, the sky is the limit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	examples.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	86365
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

As a B&W image, you can set contone light to black, and contone dark to white to inert the image. Then make a bitmap copy to have the new image in the bitmap gallery. I do this to invert images for transparency masks.

Rich