Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cannot reload X3D5 file after saved the file of which Font was changed to Japanese Font. I can work with Japnaese Font in X3D5 and save but cannot reload the file. Can reload the files with other than Japanese Fonts.

Error message is " '\Test.X3D' is not a valid X3D file. "

Uninstalled and re-installed X3D5 but cannot solve. Have not had this trouble with X3D4.

Does anyone know how to solve this trouble? Sent this trouble to Xara but no reply yet.

Katsu

Cannot reload X3D5 file after saved the file of which Font was changed to Japanese Font. I can work with Japnaese Font in X3D5 and save but cannot reload the file. Can reload the files with other than Japanese Fonts.

Error message is " '\Test.X3D' is not a valid X3D file. "

Uninstalled and re-installed X3D5 but cannot solve. Have not had this trouble with X3D4.

Does anyone know how to solve this trouble? Sent this trouble to Xara but no reply yet.

Katsu

This is a strange problem which I haven't encountered, but then again I haven't worked with Japanese fonts. I noticed in Klaus Nordby's reveiw that: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The chief nuisance with X3D for professional design work is that PostScript fonts cannot be used, only TrueType. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Could this be the problem? However you state that this wasn't a problem in Xara3D4.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Dear Egg, Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes I did not have this trouble with Version 4. Hope Xara will solve this soon.

Katsu

with file using Japanese TT fonts.

WIN 2000

Hi Katsu and Benja,

I use kanji fonts made by Jim Kurrasch copyright 1994 with out problems in X3D5. The attachment was made using the font. I don't recall where I got the font, I think it was from a university web site. I do remember finding it after doing a search for kanji true type fonts on http://www.google.com

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kangi3D.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	8738  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Benja, thanks. Now I know it's not trouble with my PC, XP.

Soquili, thanks.

Katsu

Default Re: Reload trouble with X3D5

yes, i meet such pbm in xara3D6. I use chinese fonts and save to x3d file(file name is english character). When reopen it, it show "not valid x3d file". So confusion

Default Re: Reload trouble with X3D5

someone can help me?