Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Farewell But Not Goodbye

Dear Gary,

I've only started with graphical stuff since a few years, and I know I couldn't have done that without all the tutorials and the excellent advices you've been giving to the Xara community. So, thank you for taking me to and through this fascinating world.
    And although I'm aware that all nice things must come to an end, I feel some sadness in readig this thread.

I wish you all the best in whatever it is you wish to undertake.

Take care
    Guy -

I love these tools

Well it has been a pleasure for many, many years to go to the Xone and download your tutorials and do them even after about 9 or 10 years. What can I say this man is a gentlleman in the best way he listens to what people comment on and then produces a work of art for the start of the month which all can complete. He never gets annoyed when people get bullish or try to take over Talkgraphics all that he does is ptoduce workbooks to help their problems in a consice and instructive way.

Thanks Gary for all of your hard work it has helped me and many others to get to the standard that we have achieved with this software. Still think Harry Potter Bear has been his best!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hi Gary,
    It seems a little shallow just to say thank you after all the hard work you’ve put in over the years. I have learnt so much from your tutorials, not just about using Zara but also from your sense of artistry, which is why I must say that I think you are extremely selfish in wanting to leave enjoy your retirement!
    However, as its Christmas, a very long, happy and enjoyable retirement to you both!

Gerry

Hey, Gary, glad I caught this announcement, I would have been sad to have missed it. I haven't been as active here on the forum as I was in the past due to my recent shift in attention to animation, but I still visit every other day or two. I am thankful to know you and for the help you have been to me in my freelance career with the various featured artist shows you have put up, your great tutorials which I have followed step by step, your help here on the forum. You're a true friend and mentor and I owe you a lot. Have a good break from the grind and may you be able to follow your dreams at your leisure and produce more stereograms and images that both inspire and instruct us. You're a great guy and good friend!

Thank you, Gary for your amazing contribution to this community. I cut my figurative Xara teeth on your generous tutorial offerings. You will be missed, but always fondly remembered.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com

OG

Arlen Bartch, the former International Marketing Director for Corel Corp. and co-founder of i-us.com came up with the name Xara Xone.

Can you tell Mr. Eye Stare to take his shoes off so he does not scratch the crystal on my gold plated retirement watch.

Thank you Gary for your unflagging help throughout the years, all delivered in a good humoured and practical way.
    This is actually a moment of Xara history; but it is good to know that you won't be "history" on the forum.
    TJB

Congratulations Gary and THANK YOU!

Your skill and enthusiasm for Xara over the years has made it my "go to" graphics program.

Wishing you and yours Joy and Peace in your retirement!
    Bob C.

Gary, I have posted only a few times and mostly those were newbe questions as I am very much a novice. I love to try creating unique things with Xara, but I will never be a professional or anyone of note in illistrations.

Your most unique and valuable talent is your ability to interact with novice users asking silly, stupid and sometimes inarticulate questions. You have always been respectful and helpfull no matter how inexperienced the user was.

For that, I and many other novice and incompetant users thank you. You help was invaluable.
    Just call me Grandpa Geek!
    Written in Comic Sans just for those fools protesting it should be banned.....LOL!

Thanks Mac, Keith, and OMG, Vicki.