Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: How should I start to Graphic Design?

I wasn't suggesting a portfolio not including work that was created using software. Your comment about the degree is really what I was getting at.

Many people think that being able to use package XYZ is an automatic ticket to success, but I can prove otherwise - my mastery of the pencil has yet to shower me in riches - something to do with a lack of artistic talent.

Software is constantly in a state of flux, that is to say that it changes year after year with new additions plug-ins and so on. The thing is learn to use an array of programs and keep up to date with them but never never ever neglect the most powerful of all... the humble pencil and paper. You should sketch for at least ½ an hour a day, everything from the phone on your desk to a pile of junk on the floor. It is only when you know your subject from all angles that you can reproduce it in any medium whether as a 2D or a 3D render. It takes time, dedication and talent to get to the levels required by industry. Build up your portfolio, then go out there to find employment and show the world what you can do.

i am planning on doing the same, though im only 15, i have started getting better at cinema 4D, i have a youtube channel that i have just started and thats how alot of people get noticed