Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Looking for a new workhorse raster software...

Hey all,

been using photoshop for the company i work for as processing all of the images that we use. I did wish to use xara for everything, but found that the high workload and the export settings not being saved per template, along with the fact that it doesn't save bmp files with the proper dpi header, that I can't use it as the workhorse. I've tried gimp and it struggles with simple things such as scaling from center. Xara would be perfection if it weren't for the export limitations. So, what are my alternatives? I want to veer as far away from photoshop as possible, but have a kind of software that can use most image formats, and export images properly. Guides/snapping/layers/layer effects/easy text handling tools would be the best thing. Preferrably looking for something free out there too.

That or if someone can walk me through a way I can export images PROPERLY and consistently in xara (this would be my prime goal in a perfect world)...

thanx

EDIT: wow, I think the latest xara update can export files properly! How come no one told me? Well, okay then, what would be the "best free raster editor to use as a external editor for xara?"
    RonC
    Last edited by rpc9943; 25 November 2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: figured out xara export properly...
    Ron Cavagnaro