Im working on a workaround for "password protection" for a specific page / folder. I've not managed to find any *free* software or useful script without php.

So Im using a form with conditional formatting - when the correct password is entered the form will automatically redirect to a given URL. I know this doesnt technically make the page password protected, because once you have the web address you just cut and paste it into the browser... it's ok there's no personal details involved, its for a preview of completed web pages and for now it seems to be all I can do without making a subscription. So I know there is some script to prevent the page from being pulled up in search engines - but I suppose my question is is there some script to redirect back to the login page if the web address for my page is just pasted into the browser? Is there something which would, in simple terms, mean that users can only view this page when they've successfully passed through the first one? Or to prevent the whole of the URL displaying and so prevent it from being cut and pasted- but Im guessing that one's not going to be possible?

That's all I really need, something basic. If not then preventing the page being pulled up by Google etc will have to do!

Thanks for any suggestions.