WOW isn't that a mouthful of words?

My question has to do with my forays into digital images, ICC profiles, interpolations, etc. Especially the way that Qimage Pro handles image re-interpolation.

As my daughter has said to me many many times - Yada Yada Yada!! What's the Problem?

Now to the question at hand.

Q - How does the Xara X program process digital image data when an image is placed on the page, using Bitmap Special Effects - resizing, adjusting contrast, etc.
Q - How does Xara X handle the image to provide best possible image interpolation for the printer to provide the best possible image?
Q - Does it handle the photo part differently or is it and the text and shapes all flattened and processed as a bitmap for the whole page?

In my recent work of creating real estate flyers, my photo images leave something to be desired after working them over in Xara X. I've used the transparency scheme that Gary has in his compendium of tutorials, but is there something more fundamental that I'm missing?

I'm using a Olympus 4 Megapixel C4000Z for image taking, Then correcting them in Photoshop Elements 2 using the Levels setting and minor Unsharp Mask as necessary.
Finally, after design and layout in Xara X, they are printed on a Canon i850 ink jet printer.

Q - Is it better to bring the image into Xara X already sized and manipulated or do it in Xara X?

Q - Has anyone been down this road before of getting the quality of the image on the print to compare favorably to the one on the screen?

Any help would be welcomed!

Wayne D

Arizona