Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Shadow Controls and Behaviors.

When applying a linear fill on a shadow, I don't get any control points. I am forced to create a new object, apply the fill I want the shadow to have, then copy this object and paste the attributes to the shadow.

This process can be made more efficient if we had fill controls on the shadow. I would also like some mould/distortion controls on the shadow. If a shadow is being cast over an object, I would be able to detach the shadow or at least make it look like the shadow is wrapping around an object. To have it simply be flat is pretty limiting.

I would also like the option of disregarding the shadow, when selecting objects to be aligned. The shadow throws off the alignment. I have to remove the shadow, align objects, then re-apply the shadow.

Thanks.
    Sheff
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Shadow Controls and Behaviors.

Sheff - It used to be easier to apply all kinds of fills to a shadow. Recently the behavior has been "improved" so that you have to do what you describe.

I agree that this behavior be restored to how it used to be.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I agree as well, this is why more and more I wind up creating my own custom vector shadows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I often want to have a shadow that is from a backlight.

Would be really useful.

Agreed on both requests: that we get back the functionality we used to have with shadows, and that we have more flexibility to do things such as backlight shadows.