Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

pgd6 it is possible to make a mutltilangue web site with xara web designer 7 premium?

it is possible to make a mutltilangue web site with xara web designer 7 premium?
    is there a plugin or add-on, etc, for it?

Default Re: it is possible to make a mutltilangue web site with xara web designer 7 premium?

Quote Originally Posted by ueb conexion View Post
    it is possible to make a mutltilangue web site with xara web designer 7 premium?
    is there a plugin or add-on, etc, for it?
    The short answer is "No". You'd have to make differrent versions.

Default Re: it is possible to make a mutltilangue web site with xara web designer 7 premium?

OK. thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    The short answer is "No". You'd have to make differrent versions.
    I disagree Paul.
    Yes, you need to make different pages for the second (or third, or...) language, but you can do that in a single design.
    Design your website in one language, duplicate all the pages (to preserve pictures etc.) and translate.
    Make a top-page that will direct you to the correct language-page.

If the second language will only be visited sporadically you can work with overlay pages as I have done. My website is in flemish, and only once in a while will I get a visitor that wants to see it in english. For those people I have provided a button that will overlay a translated page.
    See: http://www.guybuytaert.net
    Guy -

I love these tools

It's a clever idea Guy, but it's not the same as having a true multilingual site. As I understand it moving over the "English button" overlays the english language onto the page. As soon as you move away from the button everything reverts to Flemish.

I should imagine the technique would have problems on more complex pages and it would be frustrating for many users (imagine it in an English/Spanish, or Flemish/French context - The users of the "secondary" language would be rather annoyed).

I think that's not what the OP had in mind, and it has some major issues as a user interface, but I applaude the clever thinking.

Oops, double post.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think that's not what the OP had in mind.
    I agree Paul. I was too quick in answering. There is indeed no plugin or add-on, so it boils down to do it manually page-by-page.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Guy, I was rather amused that you chose English rather than French for your alternative. I used to work in Brussels and remember some of the Flemish/French rivalry. They were good times. I was always happy to see that the Flemish cinema films had English dialogue with Flemish subtitles. I must confess that I learnt enough French to have a reasonable chat with the Turkish cleaner who spoke no English. I like Belgium.

You could try this:

http://www.phpclasses.org/package/58....html#download

I haven't used it in WD yet but its worth a try

Thumbs up Re: it is possible to make a mutltilangue web site with xara web designer 7 premium?

I think this issue is very important to those, who don't want to use any other coding program to establish several languages on it's site or to create additional pages with all of it's content on them either. I'm creating 2-language site right now and i almost resolved this problem. Here's my way:

1.Create layers for each of languages and carefully put all respective stuff on them.
    2.Create objects (or buttons, it doesn't matter)for each language on a one new layer and bring it on top.
    3.Go to "Web properties" -->"Link"-->"Link to Web or Email adress:" of each language button and for English I wrote popup: "english" close "russian" close "language_x". For Russian I did conversely popup: "russian" close "english" close "lanuage_x" "language_x" is any additional language for example and you can add any number of them using this syntax.
    4.Layer for each language named openrussian and english respectively (small register necessarily!!!!) open you need to add right in front of the layername to fix language by default on your site, otherwise, none of these layers will be shown, because they represented now as popup layers.
    5.This language objects or buttons (step1) should be placed correctly on your page and "Arrange"-->"Repeat on all pages".

P.S.The only problem, that still exists - is how to inherit chosen language to all other pages simultaneously, once the language changed on any page to avoid pressing button on just opened another page. I wonder if somene will help me to do that and this issue will be closed completely forever! Thanks!
    Last edited by djax; 21 August 2011 at 01:43 AM.