i am very grateful for this post

i export a long vertical image (202 x 3592px) as a jpg (43kb as opposed to 746kbas png)which i want to use in my website and whatever setting i use it imports it incorrectly, its very very frustrating because it resamples the image even though i tell it in every way possible not to do

finally found this post using google (not the tg search engine which is a dinosaur), thank you saved my bacon

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
It's a bug, I also have this problem.

As a workaround you can drag the image in a new tab (right of the "+" sing) copy the image and paste it in the target file.
It's the same as opening the file and copying it, I just assume you drag images.
i have to import the image into my website not only in its correct size but also as a jpg because as a png it magnifies the weight of the page atsronomically

so instead of copying and pasting the image from one tab to another, i simply drag it to the website tab

in that way i keep both the dimansions and the file format

checking the final export xara has changed the name which is not what is shown in the bitmap gallery (annoying but i can live with it) but it has also crucially kept the jpg format and hasn't resampled it

very much looking forward to them fixing this bug