Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: No images showing when site published

Not sure, but I'm thinking that maybe an .htaccess file is causing a problem. I didn't see one in the cardtrix.co.uk directory, but, there may be one in the public_html directory that is causing a problem.

An easy way to check is simply rename it. You can rename it to something like htaccess (removing the preceding period) or .htaccess.bak. Once you do that, check it and if it works, you know it was something in the .htaccess file causing the problem. If not, you can simply rename it back to .htaccess and nothing is lost or changed.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Chris,

You are a genius!!!!!

I found it as you guessed in the public_html folder and renamed the .htaccess file to .htaccess.bak and everything just works!

I checked my main site and that is working too!

Seeing as I haven't got a clue what this file does I have attached it for your reference.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	htaccess file.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	83586

Can I leave it as it is or do I need to change it somehow?

Thanks ever so much I am really grateful.

Many Thanks

Dahzee

You could leave it as it is and it shouldn't cause any problems. The indexignore statement prevents a directory listing if there isn't an index file in the directory. I think what is causing the problem is the last 5 lines, the 4 rewritecond and the rewriterule.

You can test it by putting a pound sign on the beginning of each of those lines:

#RewriteCond ....
    #RewriteCond ....
    #RewriteCond ....
    #RewriteCond ....
    #RewriteRule ...

and saving it. Then you can rename the .htaccess file back to .htaccess and see if it work. The pound sign indicates a comment and will ignore what is after on the rest of the line. This is convenient so you can make comments in a file to explain what something does for quick reference.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com