Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to do a graphic look

Yes, I do have DP7, so no problem. I've been playing with the file, quite nice. I'm sure the effects are taken for granted by the pros, but I find it very cool. Are there other nice effects, that have explanations added that you can point me to?

How would I go about making book pages for a book look instead of a box?

Thanks for the help.

If you want a quick and easy way to do the box check out Cover Professional. I edited the help files for Yury who is also the developer who makes the stereogram software I use.

Okay I'll look at Cover Professional, I've looked at a couple of other box generating products also, quick and easy is good. It looks like this product you can use their images (looks like text would be edited in Photoshop?), modify their images with Photoshop or import your own image in various formats.

Quote Originally Posted by laguna92651 View Post
    How would I go about making book pages for a book look instead of a box?
    Use the 'blend tool'

See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

How was this highlight done? I changed the color from white to red and eliminated the transparency, so you could see what I was referring to better. I assume you drew an ellipse, then used the clipview. I couldn't figure out how you modified the center to get the narrow ends of the arc. There was another thin white highlight looking down and to the right, was that just drawn with a pen tool? One end is thinner than the other, how was that done? Thanks Al

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D Box Highlight.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	82496

How was this highlight done?
    Clone the first ellipse, set a line width, convert line to shape, apply white, adjust linear transparency.

Sorry, don't quite follow. I set the line width of the second ellipse, can you convert just the ellipse outline or are you talking about the second question of the thinner arc. I'm assuming the second ellipse is placed over the first ellipse?

Why do I need to convert the second ellipse to a shape, can't I adjust the transparency without converting?