Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Host & Domain

Hybrid View

Default Re: Host & Domain

I'm a GoDaddy reseller for about ten years now and recommend them highly. It's not just the fine tech support some have mentioned. They're the only "budget" provider I know of with 24/7 customer service, by phone. And they PROMOTE their phone service by telling you in many places how many minutes you will wait if you call now.

You're not going to phone them from England, but that may assure you how well they respond to email inquiries. In ten years, I've had ONE complaint with the service I got, and as a reseller I seek their service a lot more than most folks.

I've been doing websites since 1995, and I've tried them all!

Luck.

Tried godaddy, tried 1 and 1, tried 123 reg, tried fasthost. The best by a long stretch is ipage, unlimited hosting, free domain, just £1.99 per month and the service is incredible, live chat 24 hours a day, I recommend it to all my customers for their sites and they all heap praise on ipage. As for being country specific, from experience it makes no difference whatsoever from an seo point of view. Just use google webmaster tools to tell google which country the site is aimed at, no matter what the domain suffix. or location of server
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I use StartLogic and have nothing bad to say about them - unlimited domains, 24 hr support, live chat. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Hi again all,

I have what I think is likely a very very simple question, but Im right at the very beginning with Xara and site building so I need advice...

I've found a host I want to use, but when I asked if the site I built in Xara would be compatible they said that they didn't support third party site builders - they only supported the file extensions .php, .html, .flv, .py

So when Ive finished up my site in WD6 and I've got the host and the domain name and I finally export the website to make it live what does it export as...?

Hi Megg,

Asking a hosting service about Web Designer is not going to get you any sensible answers. They most likely have never heard of the program and do not know anything about it or the files it produces.

Web Designer created websites are World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) compliant. The files created are html, javascript, cascading style sheets (css), and image files supported by all major web browsers.

Unless you are planning on being hosted by some obscure service you should not have any problems with the files output by Web Designer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

So because they said .html files are supported then my WD6 file should work fine?

Yes they will work very well.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Megg,

Asking a hosting service about Web Designer is not going to get you any sensible answers. They most likely have never heard of the program and do not know anything about it or the files it produces.
    I wouldn't say that would happen in all cases....
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

There will always be some exceptions Chris.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

[spam removed]
    Last edited by covoxer; 29 June 2011 at 10:51 AM.