Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 VooDoo Racing NSX Paint scheme (Photo Alteration)

Okay .... This was 2nd photo alteration I did. In the thread about my first photo alteration for the VW Beetle, a.k.a. "Ladybug", I mentioned that I use to race cars. I had some friends that were looking to build an NSX for the "SPEED World Challenge Series (GT class) and I had been asked if I would come up with a paint scheme for them. The images below shows the photos Before & After. On a side note, while the car was built and painted, I don't think the car ran in the SPEED series.

Here's what I came up with.

Photo:
    * Gran Turismo 4 (PS2) - Photo Mode
    * Photographed by (I use that term loosely) Madalynne Crowe (me)

Alterations:
    * Lowered suspension - done within game (no photo alteration needed)
    * 3-part color (Dark Gray, Red, and Brilliant White)
    * Added company name to car and other varies plausible sponsors.
    * Placed my name on the car as the driver as a reminder that I would love to drive the car when it was ready.

I would have done more to the car, if I knew what VooDoo Racing was able to do to the car. I didn't want to get too nosy with their project, racers hate that!

Just like the "Ladybug" Beetle, this work taught me a few things.
    * The process I came up with (although I'm sure I'm not the first) the color of the car really needs to be white for best results. Silver and Gray colors will work if needed, but white cars really seem to give the best results.
    * If need to pick a different location to get a different look on the paint of the car - this location is not giving me what I'm looking for - maybe the car running on track might yield better results.

As always any and all comments are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GT4 - NSX - VooDoo Racing - Before.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	81036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GT4 - NSX - VooDoo Racing - Final.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	81037  

~ Madalynne ~
    a.k.a.: M1SS D3V10US, a.k.a.: Sharkie

| My TalkGraphics.com Albums | Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 98 |

Default Re: VooDoo Racing NSX Paint scheme (Photo Alteration)

Slick.

They're awesome. The most I ever saw a lot of was "formal" drag racing in the late 50s and 60s.

But I did own this Lotus ......... got a ticket for doing 140 mph in upstate New York. Banned from driving in the state for a year. But I never had enough guts to race, so I'm impressed that you did. You being a mere woman.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehihn View Post
    They're awesome. The most I ever saw a lot of was "formal" drag racing in the late 50s and 60s.

But I did own this Lotus ......... got a ticket for doing 140 mph in upstate New York. Banned from driving in the state for a year. But I never had enough guts to race, so I'm impressed that you did. You being a mere woman.
    A mere woman, eh? Thinking like that made my job easier. Most of my competitors had the same mindset as your comment and would underestimate me. I have the living room wall full of awards, trophies, medals and victory flags. Not to mention a trophy case in my den and home office full of trophies. I think I did okay despite being handicapped by my gender.

The fastest I've driven on the streets was 142mph in a `95 Acura Integra LS - I was on an open highway in the middle of nowhere traveling with some friends.
    The fastest I've driven on the track was 165mph in a Mazda RX-7 GT2 - I loved this car!
    The fastest I've driven in a Go-kart was 100mph in a 250cc shifter Go-kart and it felt more like 200mph, only being about 1/2" off the ground - things move toward your REALLY fast.
    ~ Madalynne ~

I think you'd better duck for cover, mikehihn.

I wouldn't know you added the paint if you didin't tell me, Madalynne.

Thanks Gray, I'm blushing.
    ~ Madalynne ~

Quote Originally Posted by M1SS D3V10US View Post
    A mere woman, eh? Thinking like that made my job easier. .... I think I did okay despite being handicapped by my gender.
    My girlfriend tells a similar story, on how she used gender-underestmation to win. We're both retired but she can still do the accent. I usually forward things like yours to her, but your response makes an even better attachment!