Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer vs Designer Pro

Are there features to be found in Web Designer that are not available in Designer Pro? I'm using a program now, Web Studio, that I began using before Xara Xtreme and upgrading to Designer Pro 6. I'm so pleased with Xara that I'm considering going all the way Xara to get my work done. Thoughts appreciated
    Last edited by gwpriester; 11 April 2011 at 05:09 PM.

Default Re: Web Designer vs Designer Pro

(I corrected the typo in your Subject line).

I am more and more impressed with both Web Designer and Designer. I prefer Designer because I do a lot of design work as well as web design work. I really appreciate being able to design and create elements for my web designs all in the same place. If your primary focus is web design work then WD7 is an excellent solution. Xara has added a lot of tools that were previously only available in Designer. And I absolutely love the magic snap guides. If for nothing else than this feature I would upgrade.

Re Gary's post -- absolutely right, the Magic Snap guide feature is pure gold -- saves SO MUCH TIME lining stuff up on the page!! And get the Web Designer Premium version... it only costs a little more and you get very useful drawing tools plus a bunch of other stuff. IMHO, this is the best value-for-money in the history of graphics software.

Thanks for the input gang! I swear by Xara product, and since upgrading to Designer 6 I'm not sure I'll be needing Photoshop anymore. Because I do graphics as well as Web stuff 6 looks like a near perfect product for me. The only thing I'll need to do is transition the Web work. Gary thanks for correcting my booboo.