Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XWD 7 Typo Theme background

The Typo Theme, new to XWD 7, uses a grid design in the background which is common to all pages.

I wanted to make it a little paler so I unlocked the background layer, increased the transparency level of the grid object and finally relocked the layer. However this object has not been declared as Repeating which means it only changed on that page. My questions are:

1) Given it's common to all pages is there a reason it is not Repeating by default?

2) Is there a better way to update this on all pages other than: deleting all copies on every page except page 1, editing it on page 1 then making it a repeating object?

Default Re: XWD 7 Typo Theme background

Sorry nobody has responded to your question.

Obviously repeat grid/guides on all pages would be the answer. And who knows, maybe in the next release.

What I like to do is create a master page with my guidelines and other objects that appear on all pages. Then I can duplicate this master page as often as I want and add my content.

Of course, being able to designate a master or several master pages would also be extremely helpful.