Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Background image help

I've looked at many threads about this subject, but can't find an answer to my question. I want to place my image on the pasteboard background, but have the page be centered on it (not left aligned). I have tried tweak sets "static" and "do not tile" but the image starts where the page does and I have a white border on the left. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Background image help

Welcome to TalkGraphics

By default, the page is centered in the browser. Is this not what is happening?

Yes, the page is centered, but the image on the pasteboard background begins where the page does. I'd like the image to be on both sides of the page.

I've seen the threads about making a page header or footer extend across the pasteboard, but I have an image that I'd like to extend to the left edge of the pasteboard instead of starting at the left edge of the page. I've attached a pic of the problem.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	background problem.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	80849

Hi,
    What I would do is make a layer abouve the 'Background layer" insert a rectangle the dimensions of your page then fill it with your image (either scaling to fit or tiling) make the layer visible and locked (so you dont accidentlymove)
    JIm

Thank you Scotty. I will try that now.

Okay, I created a new layer above the page background layer. When I solo it, it has the transparent rectangle that I have as my page background (which I want to keep). I inserted a rectangle on that layer and added my picture to it. It only put the pic on the page background. So now it has the pic as the page background and white in the pasteboard area. What am I doing wrong?

Wait, wait. I did it again and it is now the right size. The only thing I'm missing is the transparent rectangle of my page background. I can just redraw that I guess. I'll put a pic up in a minute. Thanks for your help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after adding layer.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	80851
    Nope, when I export it, this is what I see. It is as I described. The image only goes in the page background, not the pasteboard area. ???

This should help :-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 06 April 2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Replaced attachment
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64