Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Error Exporting as PDF

I made a document with Xara Photo & Graphics Designer 6. When I export it as a PDF I get an error. When I open the PDF document I only see the Graphics, the Text is missing.
    What am I doing Wrong??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export PDF.PNG 
Views:	135 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	80922  

Default Re: Error Exporting as PDF

Probably nothing.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Can you give us some more information? Number of pages? Type of PDF? Anything that might help us?

And which version of Windows are you using?

Actually, I just tried it in Photo and Graphic Designer and my type did not show up either.

Try going to the the Advanced Settings and select Adobe Reader 8 and see if that works for you. Or in the Advanced Options > Objects tabbed section, Convert Text To Shapes. If you use this last option, however, your text in the PDF file will not be selectable or editable.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 10 April 2011 at 06:45 PM.

It's a one page document, one layer, nothing fancy.
    I tried all the options on the menu.
    Tried all the versions in the advanced menu
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit operating system.

When I tried the Convert text to shapes. I got it Exported without errors.
    When I open with Adobe reader 10, I get the document with text but as promised the text is not selectable and can't edit. Which is OK for now.

Is this normal behavior for the Program? Thanks.

If you import the PDF back into P&GD6 is the text there? If it is, then it's a reader issue ;-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

You can try by printing to a PDF driver instead of using export as a PDF. There are many free ones to download using Google as a source to find one. CutePDF comes to mind, but there are many others.

Take care, Mike

First thing that I would do is to re-install and install under full Administer rights if you have never been able to export a PDF without error.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Beg, borrow, or steal, but get a copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro. Doesn't have to be the latest version; Pro 8 or 9 work perfectly. Acrobat installs a bulletproof print driver. If ANY program on your PC makes weird PDFs from the program's Export as PDF choice, you can Print to the Adobe PDF driver instead. And, if you send your work to a magazine for publication or to a printer for digital or offset reproduction, ALWAYS make the PDF with the Adobe print driver and embed all the fonts you used.

Actually, what Gary suggested above, converting text to shapes, ensures a perfect job. Years ago, I was going nuts sending an Illustrator file from my PC to a print shop that had the same Illustrator program on their Mac. And some Symbol font characters just came out differently, even though we both had the same Symbol font! Go figure. Anyway, converting the text to outlines - to shapes - solved that problem ... and I've been doing it ever since when I send art out (and also don't want anyone making unwanted edits).

Total agree with jon, sometimes we (we're a commercial print company) receive pdf files with errors when people export or save as a pdf from various software, when they print to PDF (and they have acrobat pro) we have far less, if any problems.

Kash
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk