Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Which layer to build site on?

When building a new site without a template, it seems text and photos are automatically added to the Mouse Off layer. (Could be wrong about this.) Is it best to add a new layer, use the Mouse Off layer, or none of the above? Thanks.
    Joe

Default Re: Which layer to build site on?

Welcome to TalkGraphics Joe

Mouse Off is the base layer. Everything on this layer is visible when your page loads.

You can create a new layer, place a photo on this layer, and link to the photo layer from the Mouse Off layer. The photo will not be visible when the page loads until the visitor clicks the link. The link can be a basic link, click something linked to that layer. It can also trigger the image when the cursor passes over a linked object or text. This would be a Mouse-over link.

Thanks! Seems like the Mouse Off layer is the basic platform for the site, except when a cursor-induced effect is wanted and utilizes the Mouse over layer.
    I noticed that in the early stages of building the site, a Pasteboard layer and a Page Background layer showed up...I understand what these layers are, I think, but I am wondering if they just appear automatically as basic parts of the web page and if I should know anything else about them.
    Joe

• The Page background layer appears if you change the Page background
    • The Page background and Pasteboard background layers appear if you change the Page pasteboard

If you don't edit either, the layers do not appear.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.