Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
Hello blazer,

Ok. I have attached a new XAR file, a pdf and some screen shots. Make sure to change your printer being used to the Adobe PDF driver.

Also, an apology. In the former reply, I had recycled a work-around for another application for outputting spot seps. I sort of got lost which application I used for the demonstration. We can blame that on old age, or recovering from a heart attack (sort of related I suppose).

In the print dialog, change to the Adobe PDF driver. Click on options. Go to the separations tab and select to do separations. All inks used will be listed and in your file, all are likely selected. In my attached file, I think only the spots will be selected. (Note to Xara: make this dialog able to be resized or simply larger...)

The Image Setting tab controls what information will also be printed. As I elected to print to US Letter size, I made the page in XDP6 smaller so the information will print.

And simply print. You should get the same result as I have in the attached PDF. Each color on its own plate with the color name in the information section.

You should ask your print provider whether they would also want a "composite" version PDF. Mine usually do so they can compare the results.

Take care, Mike
Thanks, Mike.
I managed to get the PDF of my job as separated spot colors. NOW, how do I also give my printer a composite, but using only the Spot colors and NOT the CMYK. Or, is there a way to combine the PDF separated file into a composite??
Thanks - I feel like I'm finally making some progress!